What are weeds?
Weeds are unfortunately a common problem for lawns. They are unwelcome, invasive plants that can spread over a lawn very easily. Weed seeds can be transferred by wildlife, gardening equipment, waterways, soles of shoes and even just the wind. They are incredibly resilient, thrive in various conditions and can stunt the health of a once thriving lawn – in short, they are a lawn lover’s nightmare.
Why have I got weeds on my lawn?
Sadly there is a plethora of reasons for weeds showing up on lawns, such as:
- Seeds being transferred via wildlife, water, wind, footwear, or gardening equipment
- Unhealthy soil
- The grass is too thin
- Using incorrect seed on your lawn
- The lawn not being watered well enough or frequently enough
It is a widely known saying that you can stop a weed from coming back by removing it by the root. However, unfortunately the fact that the seeds can be spread so easily usually means that even after removing them all, you will most likely find some more later in the year.
What can I do to get weeds off of my lawn?
- Weeds are best treated when they are actively growing. They can be removed by hand, which will get rid of them for the time being, albeit most likely exposing some damaged lawn underneath. But it is worth bearing in mind, this will not help with preventing weeds from growing back in the near future.
- There are weed killing products available in shops, but as well as killing the weeds, they also cause damage to the lawn. If not applied professionally, these products could cause your lawn more problems.
- This is where us here at Greensleeves can save the day and rescue your lawn. We have a herbicide treatment designed to kill off weeds without causing any lawn damage. It can be applied by any of our lawn care experts and could kill up to 70% of the weeds on your lawn in a single visit.
Don’t stress about weeds any longer. We are here to help.
We are the UK's No1 most trusted
Excellent 4.7 / 5 based on 4,774 reviews
I would highly recommend Greensleeves
I would highly recommend Greensleeves who restored our baron-looking lawn which had been eaten away by chauffer grubs to a lush green fantastic lawn in a matter of months and we now have them every few months to keep our lawn looking lush and beautiful by treating it. Also lovely pleasant and helpful staff. Thank you Greensleeves.
Greensleeves have done a fabulous job…
Greensleeves have done a fabulous job on the lawn in our new house – turning it from a weed-infected patch of green to a true grass lawn. All in the space of a few months during initially very challenging weather conditions. Very happy with the progress that has been made – thank you.
Good service and good people!
I have been using Greensleeves for a few years now and I am pleased with both their products and service and they definitely know what they are talking about. They come on the day they say they will come, they execute their work quickly and efficiently and above all our lawn has really benefitted from their service.
We have only just started using Greensleeves but our impression of the company so far is very good. All contact with them has been dealt with promptly and professionally. The first lawn treatment was carried out as arranged today and my husband had a couple of queries regarding the lawn and these were answered in a friendly and informative manner.
This Company do a great job of keeping my lawn in tip-top condition. They are very knowledgeable and I feel very reasonable for a job that definitely requires a level of expertise. I initially tried treating my lawn myself but got nowhere near the results of Greensleeves. Would highly recommend.